The candidate will be responsible for the implementation of SAP PP related projects and support business operations. The candidate should be able to self-structure his/her work and to act with a high degree of autonomy and able to understand the business requirements and assess how to fulfill these within an SAP ECC 6.0 environment.
- Understand Software Development Life Cycle in a manufacturing environment
- Create & maintain technical specifications for all development work
- Design the program structure and writes source code, executes unit tests and documents the test results autonomously
- Collaborates with internal team members, customers, and management on all aspects of the development lifecycle
- Document in an adequate way and assure to transmit the knowledge to the development team, the IT support and for the key user team
- Deliver consistently solid and successful solutions in short development cycles
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
- Hands on experience with SAP ALV Reports, Dynamic Programming, Module Pool, table control, screen-painter/design, conversions, LSMW, BDC and IDoc Interfaces, SmartForms, SAP Scripts and ABAP WebDynpro.
- BAPI, RFCs, BADI, User-Exit enhancements, ABAP Objects, Classes, Intefaces.
- Create custom Tables/Indexes and proficiency in Data Dictionary objects.
- Experience in testing ABAP/4 programs using runtime analysis, code inspector and SQL trace.
- Experience in modularizing techniques like subroutines and function modules required.
- Performance tuning to enhance overall system response
- Expertise in Transport Requests from Development, QA and Production systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred, equivalent work experience or related degree considered
- 3-6 years of SAP ABAP Development experience is required
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Effective communication skills with ability to gather and convey information to business clients
- Strong understanding of application architecture, system design and proven UML
- Keen eye for improvement opportunities with ability to execute identified improvements
- Create/maintain dictionary objects e.g., tables, structures, data elements, domains, search objects, table maintenance views/clusters, table indexes